tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Pro WAR (was Re: Fw: Fight war)
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:56:43 GMT

Here's why I'm all for WAR. It's not secret, I've advocated it before.

Consolidation - It brings together the disparate entities into a concerted,
unified whole.

Structure - It helps ends the chaos by promoting an overarching structure to
the whole domain.

Piece - It makes it one single piece.

Diplomacy - WAR is the only things that various parties can agree on. They
differ on other factors, but they all agree on WAR.

So, I try to advocate and use WAR files myself. Once you settle upon the WAR
file structure, and keep it as a subtext to how you application gets
deployed, I find it makes dealing with the containers much easier because
they're designed to operate on and document the interaction with WAR files.

So, wholeheatedly, 100% I'm Pro WAR....

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)