tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Re: Re:[OT] FAQ (was Re: MY ATTIT...)
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:46:25 GMT

Yes, we should. However, when push comes to shove, there simply is no shove.
If the list is moderated, then the problems are the Moderators problem. If
the list isn't moderated, the problems are the readers problem. And as a
reader, we simply have no power. As a reader, our only recourse is to a)
post to the list and exacerbate the problem (like I'm doing :-)), or b) grin
and bear it (and kill file The Problem(s)).

Mind, I have no interest in a moderated list. They're not responsive enough
I don't think.

Also, I was specifically targeting the issue of problem users, not technical
issues or first timers. It was my confusion that the FAQ being referenced
was a netiquette FAQ, not a technical one.

I'm all for a technical FAQ and have thought about starting one myself.

We can place points about netiquette into a FAQ, and perhaps, once, politely
refer users to those sections. But, otherwise you end up with A. B, however,
affects the list less.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)