tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Varley, Roger" <Roger.Var...@brake.co.uk>
Subject RE: compression filter problem
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:50:27 GMT
I am Developing Web application using tomcat. I want to Comopress my all jsp
pages in web application, for that i have make some java filter classes and
make changes in web.xml. but I am facing two problems
1. in jsp i have to put header content encoding is gzip, without that brower
display zip data
2. browser keep showing that page is comeing and showing progress bar in
status bar even data is display completely.

 Jason Hunter has an article on Servlet Filters at
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2001/jw-0622-filters.html
<http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2001/jw-0622-filters.html>  Page
Three of the article talks specifically about Compression Filters.

Regards
Roger