tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Re: Custom tag life cycle
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:38:19 GMT

The problem here is that the doStartTag is done after all of the properties
are set.

So, you don't know if a property value has been set from the current tag
invocation or an earlier tag invocation.

I think Felipes idea of using the doFinally as a "reset to default
contructed state" is the smartest thing. I'd like to hope that the new JSP
spec clarifies the lifecycle a bit better, taking in to account the
aggressive caching that the containers are doing now.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)