tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jake Robb" <jaker...@mac.com>
Subject Re: jk2 config -- uri directive for root context?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:54:30 GMT
Okay, I think I might have figured out my mistake, but I still need help
here.

I enabled the port 8080 direct connection, and I get the same behavior as
before, so my problem is with Tomcat, and not with JK.  I set debug="10" in
several places, and the Tomcat error logs look normal.

None of my site is implemented using servlets -- it's all JSP.  I have been
Googling all afternoon, with no luck finding any examples of a proper setup
for any non-servlet context, let alone a root context (servlet or
otherwise!).

Do I have to use the manager app to do something to set up my context, or
can I just create the web.xml file?  Do I even need a web.xml file if I'm
not using a servlet?

Does anyone out there have Tomcat 4.1.18 set up so that it will serve
http://address.com/index.jsp?  I have had no luck getting this to work, and
if I could just compare notes with someone who has it working, I could
probably figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!

-Jake