tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Viaud <cedric.vi...@matrasi-tls.fr>
Subject Re: apache web server and Tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:51:29 GMT
Hi,

to make Tomcat work with Apache is not really complicated, but need a
certain amount of configuration.

First install Apache and Tomcat (on the same computer or on two differents
one).

Then you'll need to install a connector. I actually use Apache 1.3.x with
Tomcat 4.0.4 LE, and my connecter is "mod_jk".
For installation/configuration, this link is pretty usefull :
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/

Contrary to what is written, it is not mandatory to compile all the stuff.
You can find pre-compiled versions on the Web. But it depends of what OS
your are using.

Many other links may be helpfull. First time i've done the job, i used these
ones :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/quickhowto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/index.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/workershowto.html

and also this one :
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/index

I know, it's a lot of work to read all this , but better to much
documentation than not enough :-)

Regards,

   Cédric