tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jake Robb" <jaker...@mac.com>
Subject Class location?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:40:52 GMT
I think I've seen this question on the list several times, with answers, but
the answers aren't working for me.  What am I doing wrong?

I have a large set of Java classes.  I jarred them up and put them in
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib/myjar.jar, but Tomcat can't find them.  Then I
unjarred and put them in $CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes/.  My classes are in
multiple packages, and I have the directory structure such that the "com"
directory is inside "classes".  Tomcat still can't find them.

Specifically, all of my JSP pages are failing to compile on my "import
com.whatever.*" lines with the message "package does not exist".

I have set full permissions (Unix 777) on all class files and directories.
I'm using Tomcat 4.1.18.  On a different server, I am using a  Tomcat 4.0.3,
and I keep my classes in /WEB-INF/classes/com/....  That server works
perfectly.  I tried that too, and it still didn't work.

Is there a line that needs to go in server.xml or somewhere else to set this
up?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jake