tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Roth" <john.r...@hqsonline.com>
Subject RE: tomcat NT service memory
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:12:21 GMT
I had to bump up the default memory size as well, and didn't get consistent
results from CATALINA_OPTS (for example, which user was used to start the
service, etc), so I changed wrapper.properties, and hard-coded the memory
stuff in.  Example:

<snippet>
wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin) -Xrs -Xms128m -Xmx256m {remainder of
default line}
</snippet>

I used jk_service_nt to create the service because that was available when
we first started using TC.  Even though I have upgraded, I still use the
same service, etc, not what comes as part of the newer installation routine.
Not sure if the newer routine still uses wrapper.properties or not...

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimer Shioshvili [mailto:vshioshvili@qrc.com]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:34 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: tomcat NT service memory

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with Tomcat because of default JVM memory size
and want to let it use more memory. The only way i know is to change/add
environmental variable for the service in the registry
(CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx256m)... However, i am not sure if this is the
best/correct way. Could anyone either confirm that this is the correct
approach, or give me suggestions.

Thanks,
Vlad

Vladimer Shioshvili

QRC Division of Macro International Inc.
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 400W
Bethesda, MD 20814

Phone: (301) 657 3077 ext. 155