tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "tomcat guy" <tom...@corridortechnology.com>
Subject Re: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... I'M STUCK!!
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:04:03 GMT
How would you define the <Directory> in httpd.conf for the virtualhosts?
Just add multiple <Directory> (s)? e.g.
<Directory /examples>
    Options -Indexes
</Directory>
<Directory /webapps>
    Options -Indexes
</Directory>
The syntax appears to be ok after an apache.exe -t but....

The DocumentRoot is ignored as the DRs are defined in <VirtualHost>...
correct?

Attached is a copy of the auto generated mod_jk.conf & the
workers.properties file...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Roberts@one.at>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... I'M STUCK!!

1) Yes each VH can have a Directory directive (as far as I can remember :-))
2) I have the Tomcat Welcome page as the default page on our installation -
in mod_jk.conf I added the lines:

JKMount / ajp13
JKMount /* ajp13

in addition to my normal webapp mounts.

Apache now completely ignores it's own default directory and sends all
"blank" requests to Tomcats ROOT context. Plus all the links to Manager,
Admin etc work!

Ciao