tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <jcob...@magma.ca>
Subject Please: How do I get application redeploy to work with Apache front-end to Tomcat?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:23:09 GMT
I know I must sound like a broken record, but I have posted this problem 4
times over the past 2 weeks and I have not yet received a reply.

I am running a JSP/servlet app under Tomcat.  If I change the classes and
reload the context with the manager app I can point my browser at the Tomcat
server and see that the classes have been reloaded.  However my users are
not authorized to access the Tomcat server directly.  They come in through
an Apache server.  Even after the reload they continue to see the old class
behavior.

The Tomcat server.xml defines the connector to Apache:

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

While the Apache server defines its side:

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp 127.0.0.1:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
WebAppInfo /webapp-info
</IfModule>

WebAppDeploy cocoon warpConnection /cocoon/
WebAppDeploy Census warpConnection /Census/
WebAppDeploy Ocfa warpConnection /Ocfa/
WebAppDeploy manager warpConnection /manager/

I am just a user of this system, not the administrator of either the Apache
or Tomcat servers.  At present I have to contact my ISP every time I make a
change to my application.

Jim Cobban   jcobban@magma.ca
34 Palomino Dr.
Kanata, ON, CANADA