tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: LE vs. Full
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:21:35 GMT
Hi Joe,

Type java -version from the command line where you are running the RPM to be
sure you are getting 1.4.1.  RH 8.0 ships with a JDK 1.3.1.

JAVA_HOME doesn't have any effect on the shell, only on Tomcat.  You have to
set your path so that the shell finds 1.4.1 before 1.3.1, so it can find all
the 1.4.1 stuff it is looking for for the dependency checks.

Since a Tomcat install doesn't install any libraries or do anything except
upack the files you might be able to roll your own simple RPM to install it.
Or just write a script that unpacks Tomcat with the assumption that 1.4.1 is
already installed.

Rick