tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jake Robb" <jaker...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Need help building connectors for Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat4.0.6 on RedHat 8.0
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:03:24 GMT
I used that as well.  I am using Apache 2.0.44, Tomcat 4.1.18, and RedHat 8,
with mod_jk2 as a connector.

However, I compiled Apache myself.  It only took about ten minutes, once I
figured out the right arguments to the configure script.

-Jake

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Richards" <andy@esolution.co.uk>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: Need help building connectors for Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat4.0.6
on RedHat 8.0

> i used this as a guide http://www.pubbitch.org/jboss/
>
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 16:49, Michael Harrison wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm setting up a web server for a not-for-profit. We set up it with Red
Hat 8.0, and we happily installed Apache 2.0.40 from the RPM on the install
media. Later, I downloaded Tomcat 4.0.6: I chose that release because we
have to migrate a Tomcat 4.0.4 site to the new server, and I wanted to go
with a 4.0.x release. If at all possible, I would like to keep these Apache
and Tomcat installations: RedHat doesn't seem to be in any hurry to post a
new RPM for 4.0.42+, and I am loath to go out and re-build all the Apache
modules I need for a later release of Apache.

> > My challenge is getting a connector that will work with these
applications. The mod_jk builds available at jakarta.apache.org won't work
with Apache builds below .42. Can I get the source and build it myself to
the earlier version? Are there binaries out there that would work? Should I
consider using a different connector besides mod_jk?