tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "pero" <megap...@gmx.de>
Subject Installing Thawte Test Certificate (was: RE: No processor available)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:00:48 GMT
Hi,

  first, please don't just hit "reply" on another thread without
changing the subject.

  You have to install the Root-Certificate. All the information
you need can be found under:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssl-howto.html

(Scroll down to: Installing a Certificate from a Certificate Authority)

Peter

www.yoursite.com

Organizational Unit: - Your company's domain name - acme.com

City/Locality: - Your city - AcmeVille

State: - Your state, capitalize this - Colorado

Country: - The 2 letter code for country - US

2)keytool -certreq -keyalg RSA -file my.host.csr -keystore
C:\server\my.keystore

3)went to thawte, pasted my csr and got a cert.  Download thier test Root
cert and open it up, it automatically installs.

4)keytool -keystore C:\server\my.keystore -keyalg RSA-import -trustcacerts
-file my.host.com.cer Done

I get the error keytool error: Failed to establish chain from reply and the
solutions at the bottom didn't fix it.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks, Jonathan