tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "tomcat guy" <tom...@corridortechnology.com>
Subject Re: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... I'M STUCK!!
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:13:28 GMT
I just noticed that!  Like I was saying it had to be something simple.  The
"default" <Directory /> was not set.  I'll do another aaaarrrrggghhh....
One word - documentation.

Got another quick question now.   Can you have a <Directory> setting for
each virtualHost?

Ok 2 questions.  The default DocumentRoot is:
DocumentRoot "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs"  everything (all files) are being
served under "D:/Apache/Tomcat4.1/webapps"
Should the DocumentRoot be changed to this?  Or does the connector handle
this & "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs" is ok???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Roberts@one.at>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... I'M STUCK!!

Sorry - didn't get your attachments - but think the problem is in httpd.conf
Is your listen directive set?

#
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, in addition to the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# directive.
#
# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
Listen 127.0.0.1:8080

...in other words its the port that could be causing the problem.

HTH