tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "pcampaigne" <pcampai...@charter.net>
Subject Tomcat + postgresql+ jdbc integration problem
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:13:47 GMT
I am getting the error "Error accessing database No suitable Driver".  My installation consists
of:
tomcat 4.06
postgresql 7.3.2
pg731bjdbc2.jar
IBMJava2-14 SDK

I have read archives and how to and taken the following actions.
placed pg731bjdbc2.jar in common/lib
tcpip_socket= 1  in postresql.conf

In java connection class I have specified the following:
driverClassName is "org.postgresql.Driver"
dbURL is "jdbc:postgresql://192.168.1.2/nba"
specified username and password

This is a long shot but, I read somewhere that postgresql only uses tcp/ip with jdbc even
if the postgresql database is on the local host.
1. Is this true?
If this is the case, then does my router come into play?  The router is set up to only route
port 80 to the ip adddress of this localhost machine.  Could this be why connection is refused?

So I change the HTTP/1.1 Connector entry in the server.xml from port:8080 to port:80 and try
again.
now I get the message"The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:8080"
2. Why does it think I am trying to contact localhost:8080 if I changed the port number in
server.xml?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks,
Phil Campaigne