tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "tomcat guy" <tom...@corridortechnology.com>
Subject Re: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... any ideas?
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:15:08 GMT
Does anyone know how to allow a directory to be shown?
Is it something to do with the connector?  Or maybe it is a definition in the <context>
in server.xml that I am missing???  Something that is a default in tomcat for the localhost:8080
but has to be defined for each virtualHost (i.e. localhost, thisdomain.com, thatdomain.com,
etc)?

It has to be something easy but my scrambled mind isn't figuring it out....

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: tomcat guy
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 2:21 PM
  Subject: 403 Forbidden - you don't have permission ... any ideas?

  If anyone can help, here is my problem:

  I can go to http://localhost:8080/examples and I get the directory listing images/ jsp/
servlets/.  BUT when I go to http://localhost/examples I get the forbidden error?!?

  Any ideas?  The permissions are all good.

  I go to http://localhost/examples/jps and it works?  The JSP's work along with the servlets.

  I recently reinstalled my apache server.  I cannot remember this not working.  What did
I forget!!!   (besides my documentation, of course).

  Basically I need to setup a directory path to http://localhost/examples/temp or http://localhost/temp
& to my virtualHost http://ctg.com/examples nothing is working!!!

  I have attached a copy of my httpd.conf & server.xml.  If anyone would be able to give
it a quick glance OR send a copy of your config files that would be great!

  I am using:
  Apache2.0.43
  Tomcat4.1.18
  mod_jk