tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Harrison" <mich...@domanistudios.com>
Subject Need help building connectors for Apache 2.0.40 and Tomcat 4.0.6 on RedHat 8.0
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:49:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm setting up a web server for a not-for-profit. We set up it with Red Hat 8.0, and we happily
installed Apache 2.0.40 from the RPM on the install media. Later, I downloaded Tomcat 4.0.6:
I chose that release because we have to migrate a Tomcat 4.0.4 site to the new server, and
I wanted to go with a 4.0.x release. If at all possible, I would like to keep these Apache
and Tomcat installations: RedHat doesn't seem to be in any hurry to post a new RPM for 4.0.42+,
and I am loath to go out and re-build all the Apache modules I need for a later release of
Apache.

My challenge is getting a connector that will work with these applications. The mod_jk builds
available at jakarta.apache.org won't work with Apache builds below .42. Can I get the source
and build it myself to the earlier version? Are there binaries out there that would work?
Should I consider using a different connector besides mod_jk?

Thanks.

Michael Harrison