tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <jcob...@magma.ca>
Subject Application redeploy does not work!
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:46:24 GMT
When I use the manager app to redeploy my servlet context it does not affect the behavior as
seen by the outside world.

On my ISP users come in through an Apache server, not directly to the Tomcat server.  Issuing
the redeploy command through the manager app reloads the classes only on the Tomcat server.
 So if I go into the backdoor to the Tomcat server I see the updated functionality.  But my
customers can only see the functionality presented by the Apache server, which does not show
the update.

Every time I make a change to any of the classes in my servlet I have to call the ISP to restart
the connector.

How do I configure my Tomcat server so that when I redeploy the context my customers can see
the updated behavior?

Jim Cobban   jcobban@magma.ca
34 Palomino Dr.
Kanata, ON, CANADA