tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Blevins" <dblev...@visi.com>
Subject RE: EJB from Tomcat
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:48:22 GMT
Right, this is an EJB container that is usable in Tomcat.  The
particularly neat thing is that the EJB container can run embedded
*inside* the same VM as Tomcat.  You can even configure OpenEJB to not
marshal calls to EJBs, basically treating your remote interfaces as EJB
2.0 Local interfaces.

In the end you get a single server that can run both servlets/jsp/ejb
together in the same VM with local optimizations.

-David