tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mech" <m...@rz.fh-augsburg.de>
Subject RE: compression filter problem
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:08:00 GMT
I'm using the compression filter that comes bundled with Tomcats
webapps/example. Works for me, so i didn't programm anything myself.
Just don't map anything else than "*.jsp" with the filter because my old
fellow Netscape 4.7x accepts gzip - in theory - ...but... if you
compress images you won't see them. ;-) Other browsers, no problem at
all.

html
<http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-2001/jw-0622-filters.html>
Page Three of the article talks specifically about Compression Filters.

Regards
Roger