tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sergio Ocio Barriales" <djre...@terra.es>
Subject RequestDispatcher problem
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:20:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm making a web-based wizard to create xsl templates. These templates are stored in a database.

I have a servlet to control this wizard. It recieves a parameter, called "state" and depending
on its value, it decides which way to follow.

When it recieves state="1" and there is no template stored in the database, it stores the
new one and then it does this:

RequestDispatcher rd = req.getRequestDispatcher("iowa?event=TEMPLATES&state=2");
rd.forward(req, resp);

It DOES work.

However, when it recieves state="1" and there is already a template in the database, it dispatchs
the request to a jsp page. This jsp provides a button labeled "new template". When it's clicked,
my Wizard servlet is recalled with state="100".

In this state, the servlet removes the template from the database and does:

RequestDispatcher rd = req.getRequestDispatcher("iowa?event=TEMPLATES&state=1");
      rd.forward(req, resp);

i.e. it returns to state="1".
This DOESN'T work. The getRequestDispatcher() method returns "null".

Does anybody know what could be happened?

Thanks a lot

                    Sergio Ocio