tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Hookom" <hooko...@uwec.edu>
Subject RE: Why won't anyone help me out??
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:33:09 GMT
It's a much simpler framework to use for dynamic content as opposed to
jsp/servlets.  I think dabbling in coldfusion may help you understand the
parts of a web application a little better than jumping into JSP/Servlets.
The other alternative to Servlets is to look at the standard taglibs can
possibly be Java free (no need to compile on your part) AKA JSTL.

To reiterate what was mentioned before, if you can't package a class and you
can't make a conscious effort to look to your IDE's FAQs/Help for
information instead of OT'ing tomcat-user, then you should maybe look at
getting a book or look at markups like ColdFusion.

Best Regards,
Jacob Hookom

PS, any further questions/comments can be sent to me directly :-)