tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dany Crepin" <crepind...@wanadoo.be>
Subject FilePermission feature?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:39:18 GMT
SecurityManager in Tomcat 4.0.x
I don't succeed in giving classes in a specific webapp  "read,write" FilePermission.
The wildcards never work.

 grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/my_app/WEB-INF/-" {
     permission java.io.FilePermission "${catalina.home}/my_app/-",
                                       "read,write,delete";
};

 only

 grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/my_app/WEB-INF/-" {
     permission java.io.FilePermission "${catalina.home}/my_app/file1.txt",
                                       "read,write,delete";
};

 will work. It's very annoying if I want to implement a file upload, or  for file-based counters,
for example.

Any Idea