tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cora" <icec...@pacific.net.hk>
Subject Can't run servlet under own project directly
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:01:58 GMT
I use tomcat 4.1.8 and create a "project\ehrs" directory under "webapps\".
Save "helloworld.html" to "..\project\ehrs\", and make the form action url
to "../servlet/ServletHelloWorld",
also put the servlet to "..\project\WEB-INF\classes\ServletHelloWorld.class"

Moreover, I also un-remark the following at "..\Program Files\Apache
Group\Tomcat 4.1\conf\web.xml"

  <!-- The mapping for the invoker servlet -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

But I got the following error message when I run the servlet:

> HTTP Status 404 - /project/servlet/ServletHelloWorld
> type: Status report
> message: /project/servlets/ServletHelloWorld
is not available.

What else config I need to modify / add? Anyone can teach me?
Thanks at advance!
Cora