tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mech" <m...@rz.fh-augsburg.de>
Subject RE: jsp:useBean error
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:30:50 GMT
SCNR (just for my humor):
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/getStarted/cupojava/index.html

org.burrus.[name of file] means that you have a directory structure
like:

org
+-burrus

in that subdirectory you have your class files [name of file]

So in case you have a class named "MyFirstCupOfJava" that you save
under:
[wherever your workspace is]/org/burrus/MyFirstCupOfJava.java

you could import this file with: "import org.burrus.MyFirstCupOfJava" in
any of your other projects java files.

Oversimplified: "package == directory" ;-)

Michael
P.S. Although I really tried to explain, I doubt I could do it better
than any book author or the author of Sun's Java Tutorial...