tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Henry Krasny" <>
Subject RE: multiple instances of tomcat
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:04:46 GMT
Thanks, your suggestions worked.

I altered the shutdown port for each instance and I started each
instance in a separate window (setting the CATALINA_BASE variable before
each startup).

I didn't try the logging thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Powell.Kris []
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 2:57 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: multiple instances of tomcat

You need to set the CATALINA_BASE environment variable for each
instance, so
in the bin directory:

set CATALINA_BASE=c:\aa1

set CATALINA_BASE=c:\aa2

Make sure you also have the shutdown ports (8005) set to two different
values in the server.xml files.

You can add the debug attribute (<Logger debug="9">) in the server
element and check the logs to see what is going wrong. Also, if the
is closing sraight away and you can't see the messages, then open two
command prompts and start one instance in one, the other in the other
the command:

catalina.bat run

This runs the instance in the same window so it stays open if it exits

Hope this helps.