tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mech" <m...@rz.fh-augsburg.de>
Subject RE: exception after several hours idle
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:32:40 GMT

Even if you set the timeout to Integer.MAX, maybe try to set
"autoReconnect=true" in your connection url. I had problems with my
webapp when idle overnight because my MySQL J/Connector cut the
connections of my connection pool after 8 hours inactivity by default. I
guess using autoReconnect and related parameters couldn't hurt, although
i didn't yet try to avoid disconnecting by increasing the timeout. I
would prefer a reconnect over a high timeout because you never know for
sure if "something else" is killing your connection and with
autoreconnect you should be on the safe side for every possibility of a
(temporarily) dead connection.

> Here is the sample of exception:
I can't figure out so much from this exception... FileIO?