tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jm...@adobe.com
Subject Re: Win2K, Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:19:00 GMT
you might consider checking your httpd.conf (it wasn't included),
there should be something like the following:

on a typical solaris install using mod_jk. I haven't worked with
mod_jk2 before (so there might be some differences .. but the idea
should be the same)

#
LoadModule libexec/mod_jk (blah)
AddModule mod_jk (blah)

#
JKWorkersFile /path/to/workers.properties

#
JKLogLevel debug
JKMount /examples/*.jsp <name-of-worker>
JKMount /examples/servlet/* <name-of-worker>

John Turner, I believe has a tutorial regarding this or perhaps
something close to what you need .. (please search the list .. I
believe its along those lines..)

The bottom line is that for you to get apache to talk to tomcat you
need two things (a) the connector .. which looks like you have it (b)
the definition of what to do with a request once it gets to tomcat...
so you'll have to convince apache to essentially say (very simplified)

a.) client requests /examples. apache receives request
b.) apache checks to see if its something it handles
c.) apache sees JKMount /examples/
d.) apache "forwards" the request to the mod_jk module and the mod_jk
module takes the request
e.) tomcat receives the request and tries to map this request to its
available contexts, if it can't find it ... you'll get a "500" No
Context or something along those lines.

Hope that helps.

Jan-Michael