tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jm...@adobe.com
Subject Re: Unsure how to set environment variables for win xp
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:48:52 GMT
Hi there.

Try the following

1. create the following batch file
@echo off
set JAVA_HOME="D:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\"
set CATALINA_HOME="D:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0"
set CLASSPATH=".;%JAVA_HOME%\src.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%
CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar"

REM compile the stuff
javac -classpath %CLASSPATH% %1

2. Then you run the batch file like

compile.bat HelloWorld.java

To actually set environment vars in XP, do the following

1. Right click on my computer
2. Select "properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" tab
4. Click on "Environment Variables"
5. Define the necessary variables that you need... you would probably
want to define them in System
6. Close all Console windows that are currently open and restart them
7. Test your variables by echo'ing them out

i.e.

echo %CLASSPATH%

Hope that helps.

Jan-Michael