tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sven Köhler <skoeh...@upb.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk & apache's DirectoryIndex directive
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:46:06 GMT
> 1. use mod_rewrite, and rewrite / to /index.jsp

to specific.
as you can see, i wanted index.html to be preferred.

> 2. use index.html with a META REFRESH of zero to index.jsp

???
do you really believe that i want to use a META REFRESH?

> 3. send everything to Tomcat, ("/*") and use <welcome-file> in web.xml

sending everything to tomcat is not that well design.
we could talk about sending html/htm to tomcat too, but that would be
waste of CPU time

> 4. probably others, like writing a Filter

OK, but requires 3.

> In short, putting index.jsp on the DirectoryIndex line has no effect.  You
> might be able to play with the module load order so that mod_dir (or
> whatever its called) was loaded before mod_jk, but I don't if anyone has
> done that or if it would work.

I will try later, but on my first try, mod_jk tried to use a symbol of
mod_dir which was not loaded, and therefor apache failed to start.