tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arcadius A." <ahou...@sh.cvut.cz>
Subject Re: Start tomcat before apache on RedHat7.3
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:34:37 GMT

"Turner, John" <JTurner@AAS.com> wrote in message
news:83F0258A9996D311B14200A0C98F173602F22BDF@aas-internet.aas.com...

> I'm assuming that you are using the ApacheConfig class to auto-generate
> configuration directives for Apache's httpd.conf.
>
> Tomcat needs time to start up, and the ApacheConfig class needs time to
> write mod_jk.conf (or whatever file you are using).
>
> So, you have to put a delay into the process somewhere.  Like a "sleep 20"
> or something right after the Tomcat script executes, but before Apache is
> started, or take both of them out of init.d and put the startup into
> rc.local where you have more explicit control over what runs when, and
stick
> the delay in there.
>
> John

Hello!
Thanks for the reply....
I've notice that under the directory  "/etc/rc.d/" are several
subdirectories "init.d", "rc0.d" , "rc1.d", ... ,"rc6.d".
Wouldn't it be easier to just put tomcat startup script in "rci.d" and
apache startup script in "rcj.d" where i<j ?

 (IMHO, the order in which startup scripts are started depends on where
they are located)

Thanks.