tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: JasperException
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 06:45:55 GMT
Well, it looks like it is b*tching about 'FormBean.getTransactionID()'
returning a String [].  Arrays aren't one of the types that JSP is required
to support automatic translation for.

"Denise Mangano" <DeniseM@complusdata.com> wrote in message
news:5D83C44941AFD4118B6F0002B302984F4385FC@EXCHANGE_SERVER...
> I'm having a hard time figuring out what's causing this error so I thought
> I'd post it to see if anyone has any ideas...
>
> When my form page is called, I pass two variables in the URL.  These two
> variables are hidden within the form page.  I need to maintain the value
of
> these two variables, along with what the user inputs into the form.  I am
> assuming the Java Bean can still see these since they have <input> tags.
> This transactionid is one of the variables.  This error occurs during form
> validation, if the user needs to retry entering a field.  The code in
Retry
> is <input type=HIDDEN maxLength=25 name='transactionid'
> value='<%=formHandler.getTransactionID()%>'>
>
> Thanks :)
>
> exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> com.complusdata.beans.FormBean.getTransactionID()Ljava/lang/String;
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 48)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:684)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:432)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:356)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:430)
> at
> org.apache.jsp.FormValidate_jsp._jspService(FormValidate_jsp.java:75)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 04)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:260)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:191)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> )
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
> at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:632)
> at
>
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:590)
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:707)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:530)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>
>
> root cause
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> com.complusdata.beans.FormBean.getTransactionID()Ljava/lang/String;
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImp
> l.java:533)
> at org.apache.jsp.Retry_jsp._jspService(Retry_jsp.java:456)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 04)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:684)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:432)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:356)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:430)
> at
> org.apache.jsp.FormValidate_jsp._jspService(FormValidate_jsp.java:75)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 04)
> at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:260)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:191)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> )
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at
>
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
> at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:632)
> at
>
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:590)
> at
> org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:707)
> at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:530)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>
>
> Denise Mangano
> Help Desk Analyst
> Complus Data Innovations, Inc.





--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message