tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Can tomcat listen only to unix socket?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 04:56:10 GMT

"Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote in message
news:20030102092932.R14280-100000@icarus.apache.org...

> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Gery Kahn wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:29:22 +0200
> > From: Gery Kahn <gerykahn@newmail.net>
> > To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: Can tomcat listen only to unix socket?
> >
> > I am trying to config Tomcat 4.1.17 to listen only unix socket,
> > without TCP sockets.
> >
> > How to config connectors in server.xml?
> >

> You don't.
>
> Java doesn't support Unix sockets, only TCP sockets.  Therefore, Tomcat
> only supports TCP sockets as well, unless you write some native code
> adapters.

Or, you have the Jk2 developers write it for you. :-)

However, Craig is correct that you don't configure this in server.xml.  You
do it in jk2.properties.  I haven't really tried to play with the Unix
sockets yet, so I the best that I can do is to tell you how I understand the
config process.

You need to specify the 'handlers.list' property something like (although
I'm not certain that this is exactly right):
  handlers.list=apr,request,container,channelUnix

Of course, you have to set the 'channelUnix.file' property to point to the
socket.

Now, as long as you have configured mod_jk2.so the same way (e.g. using the
same properties file), it should work.