tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felicia Neff ...@panix.com>
Subject Tomcat configuration problem: JSPs work, servlets don't
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:48:51 GMT
I am running Tomcat-4.1.18, Apache-1.3.27, and mod_jk-1.2.0.  The problem
I am having is that while JSPs work, servlets don't.  This is the relevant
portion of my server.xml file:
      <Host name="www.mydomain.org" debug="0"
       appBase="/path/to/files" liveDeploy="true"
       unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true" workDir="/var/tomcat/work">

                 directory="/var/tomcat/log"  prefix="tomcat_access_log."
                 suffix=".log"
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
          <Context path="" docBase="/path/to/files" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

      </Host>

In /path/to/files, I have:
hello.jsp
WEB-INF/classes/HelloServlet.class
WEB-INF/classes/HelloServlet.java

>From what I have read, if I don't have a web.xml in WEB-INF, then the
default will be used.  Since this is just for testing, I'm hoping that I
don't need one.  The ultimate goal is to set this up for an isp. so that
users can put their servlets into place and have them work without having
the privileges to reload anything.
Thanks in advance for your help. -- Felicia