tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: TC3 to TC4 upgrade question
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:19:42 GMT
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Joel Hughes wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am upgrading a webapp from TC3 to TC 4.1
>
> I had a servlet mapping error with a servlet mapping of (worked fine in
> TC3)
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>
>             dologin
>         </servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>
>             /dologin
>         </url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> But this was fixed by changing to
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>
>             dologin
>         </servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>
>             /servlet/dologin
>         </url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
>
> Now I'm no expert with TC but I thought /dologin would have matched the
> url? (this seems to work fine in TC3).
>
> Any ideas? I can get it to work but would just like to know the rules at
> work here.

I don't see anything wrong with the first servlet-mapping above.  But
you don't tell use what URL you tried, what the results were, or
anything else about your configuration.  So it's a little hard to
give any useful comments.  One thing I wonder about is what JkMount
directives you have set up, to have Apache forward requests to
Tomcat.  It might be that your second one works because you're taking
advantage of the Invoker setup -- which isn't necessarily a good idea
(and was involved with some bugs recently).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu