tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: unsubscribing to this mailing list
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:10:56 GMT
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Jon Eaves wrote:

> Hi Mark, John
>
> These lists are using ezmlm. You can unsubscribe from a
> "wrong address" by sending a blank email to this address:

Note that this may not necessarily work, as I described in a message I
just sent to the list.  It doesn't matter what address he's ultimately
receiving mail at, it matters what address the list is sending him
mail at.  And for various reasons, those may not be the same.  The
list may receive the above, look for mark.goking@asia.bigfoot.com, not
find it as a subscribed address, and just give up (or give some error
message).  To find out what address to plug into the above address,
one needs to look for a header like:

Then, take the part between the number (in this case 47506) and the
'@' and plug that into the tomcat-user-unsubscribe address.

> That should end up with the right mail address being sent to ezmlm
> and your confirmation email hopefully will end up in your inbox.
>
> Then reply to that and it should work. If it doesn't then you
> will need to get a moderator to send an email using the same "To"
> field and that will not require confirmation.
>
> Disclaimer:  I've never tried this, but that's what the manual says
> to do.
>
> Cheers,
> 	-- jon
>
> Mark Goking wrote:
> > yes. when i first joined this mailing list, i had no problem at all. i
> > was even able to unsubscribe directly. but when i subscribed for the 2nd
> > time, i had problems. it took me about 2 days to subscribe again. i
> > didnt have any idea why it acted that way. within those 2 days i emailed
> > the admin to manually add me and he said no because my email uses
> > exchange server and the mailing list has problems dealing with email
> > addresses that uses the ms exchange server. still, after 2 days i was
> > able to subscribe myself here. the problem now is unsubscribing.
> >
> > since i couldnt unsubscribe myself, i dont think it's impossible for the
> > admin to manually remove me from the mailing list. unsubscribing is as
> > simple as 1 2 3 but the process just doesnt work for me anymore.
> >
> > mark
> >
> > -----Original Message----- From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
> > Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 9:23 AM To: 'Tomcat Users List '
> > Subject: RE: unsubscribing to this mailing list
> >
> > Are you sure you are using the correct "from" address?  I was able to
> > unsubscribe and resubscribe myself twice in the past 6 weeks when going
> > on vacation.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu