tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Igor I. Tovstopyat-Nelip" <itov...@euch4e.chem.emory.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Out of memory
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:52:23 GMT
I'm using 1.4.1_01 Sun's JVM which is all right. 1.3.1 had a memory leak.
I'm not quite sure about 1.4.0, I would upgrade it, it's easy to do.

Also, try the following which works for me:

1. I use the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS.

2. I noticed that you didn't use quotes, this may be a problem
   if it's not a typo. I have the following:

   CATALINA_OPTS="-server -Xss128k -Xincgc -Xms256m -Xmx256m"

I believe quotes are important. Two last parameters give a large heap
for your JVM.

Good luck,
Igor TN