tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jeff.guttada...@abbott.com
Subject Re: Installation woes
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:32:29 GMT
Open a terminal window yourself first, then run
%CATALINA_HOME%/bin/startup.bat.  Now you should be able to see the error
message without the window disappearing on you.  Also, make sure the
JAVA_HOME points to the top level directory of your JDK ("C:\jdk1.3"
instead of "C:\jdk1.3\bin" for instance).

Also, I don't know if things have changed with the more recent versions,
but I seem to remember there being problems with the installations in
previous versions, and it was generally recommended to just download the
binary release (sufficient unless you want to take a look at and/or tweak
the source code), unzip, and set the environment variables.  You could
always give that a try to see if things work better.

HTH,
-Jeff

"Nathan McMinn" <nmcminn@charter.net>
01/08/03 04:22 PM