tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: mod_jk apache2 tomcat4.1.8
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:35:39 GMT
Sounds like a problem with DNS.  How long does it take to da a nslookup
from the server?

rls

Bill <bhalpin@collaborativefusion.com>
01/16/2003 03:01 AM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: mod_jk apache2 tomcat4.1.8

Well I seem to have gotten this to work...I think.

Now the page renders but takes FOREVER to do so....it took the same
webapp 330.98s to render using a lan connection while it takes less than
2s to render the live version over the Internet.  I knew using mod_jk
would be slower, but is it really that slow?  (I do understand there are
other factors involved but the boxes are running almost identical
configurations and the slower box has twice the memory of the other.
The difference is just too staggering.)

I thought I saw someone mention a performance tuning guide for
tomcat being available but a web search didnt find it.  If someone could
point me to that resource or if you have an idea why this app has
suddenly become ridiculously slow, I'd appreciate the help.

thx

-b