tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anup Ray" <anup....@safeguardproperties.com>
Subject RE: page cannot be displayed error
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:31:33 GMT
I did not get any response. I am posting it again. Earlier during
apache-mod_jk-tomcat set John Turner helped me a lot to make it work.
Actually after making httpd.conf as per his suggestion tomcat and the spell
check was started working. But now I am stuck with this error "page cannot
be displayed". The problem lies within the additional line (given below) of
httpd.conf, because after removing these modifications the error
disappeared. Could you please help me suggesting some tips/hints.
Thanks,
Anup

_____________

Our platform is sun sparc solaris 8. We have our web server as apache 1.3.22
(SSL).
This web server hostname is u10-2.safe-prop.com and CNAME for the same host
for outside world is scds.safeguardproperties.com. This webserver has been
working for last one year. Recently we added mod_jk connector and
tomcat(version 4.0.4) to
make a spell check application (jspellhtml) working and  available at this
web server. After this changes we started getting "page cannot be displayed"
error frequently both from inside and outside users.
I then stopped the tomcat process but still the same error used to get.
Finally I put back the original httpd.conf file and restarted the server,
the problem solved. This (problematic) httpd.conf file consists of
additional lines for tomcat/mod_jk configurations. I am giving below the
additinal tomcat lines in httpd.conf files. Could any body help me to find
where I am wrong and to fix this problem?
________________
###ajp config lines are addred below 100102
#Load mod_jk
#
LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

# Configure mod_jk
#
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
#JkLogFile /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogFile /var/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info

# First Virtual Host.
#
<VirtualHost 10.10.1.101:443>
DocumentRoot /var/apache/htdocs
ServerName scds.safeguardproperties.com
#ServerName cdidev.safeguardproperties.com
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/1.3.22-1/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/1.3.22-1/conf/ssl.key/server.key
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /jspellhtml/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

# Second Virtual Host. Also accessible via HTTPS
#
<VirtualHost 10.10.1.101:80>
DocumentRoot /var/apache/htdocs
ServerName u10-2.safe-prop.com