tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Lunnon" <>
Subject RE: Start tomcat before apache on RedHat7.3
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 06:32:17 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: news []On Behalf Of Arcadius A.
Sent: Wednesday, 15 January 2003 1:13 AM
Subject: Re: Start tomcat before apache on RedHat7.3

"Turner, John" <> wrote in message
> Then the delay shouldn't need to be more than 5 or 10 seconds.

Ok John,
I'm not asking you to do the whole thing for me....
but could you give me an example of a script that could do what you're
talking about?

This problem is realy strange.... I have TomCat 3.2 running on FreeBSD with
apache3.27 and mod_jk (automatic config) .... when I reboot, tomcat and
apache start quite fine without the need of any special script .... but I
cannot see why I'm having troubles on RedHat.

Have attached a copy of my /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd file.
It starts TOMCAT (3.3.1) and apache(1.3.27)
and stops the other way.

Hope this helps

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: