tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Brown" <gm...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: Quick help with Bindings
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:04:53 GMT
Dave,

There is a known issue with IIS in which it binds to all available IP
addresses, rather than the one specified, when socket pooling is in use (the
default). It's described here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259349

Generally, IIS will start before Tomcat when Windows boots (and can
certainly be configured that way), so if you can get IIS to do the right
thing, then at least it limits the range of IP addresses that Tomcat can get
at.

Dan.