tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Brown" <gm...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: HttpSessionbindingListener
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:14:50 GMT
Henry,

HttpSessionBindingListener enables you to be notified when an object is
bound into a session, or when the object is removed from the session (either
progammatically, or when the session itself is invalidated or expired).

If you'd like an object stored in the session to be notified in this way, it
must implement the HttpSessionBindingListener interface.

The interface doesn't have any direct relevance to servlets and JSPs, unless
you have some specific session management requirements. You certainly don't
need it to use sessions in the normal way - just use the 'session' object in
JSP, and HttpServletRequest.getSession() in servlets.

HTH,

Dan.