tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Brown" <gm...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: java.io.IOException - whats up?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:34:27 GMT
Klavs,

>From the error message, it sounds like:

/opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/../server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar

cannot be created, probably because the directory structure required isn't
there.

If you canonicalise the path, you end up with the following:

/opt/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar

If you do an

ls /opt/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib

do you get a listing, or 'No such file or directory' ?

I'm puzzled about where the 'server' path element came from - you would
expect webapps to be in the 'tomcat' directory, not in 'tomcat/server'...

What does

ls /opt/jakarta/tomcat/server

give you?

Dan.