tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Rolfs" <christian.ro...@item49.de>
Subject Tomcat default directory for servlets
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:18:15 GMT
Dear Tomcat developers,

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 and two books of which the latter tell me that the
default path for Java servlets is

	%TOMCAT%/webapps/ROOT/WEB_INF/classes

where %TOMCAT% denotes the Tomcat installation directory. For instance, if I
put a servlet called "TestServlet" in that directory and try to access this
servlet via http://localhost:8080/servlet/TestServlet, Tomcat tells me that
the requested servlet can't be found. In contrast to this, I can access the
Tomcat 'homepage' and its examples very well. As the documentation is a bit
confusing, I couldn't help myself.

I'd be very thankful if you can tell me how to configure the (default)
paths. Or has the configuration of the default paths been subject to change,
as the books I mentioned above do base on Tomcat 3.2 ?
My system is as follows: Win2000 without any service pack, browser is Opera
6.05.

With regards & thanks in advance,

Christian