tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject How does Tomcat set the classpath???
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:24:31 GMT
I notice that tomcat 4.1.x explicitly sets $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar and the
bootstrap.jar file to the classpath, but that seems it.  It overwrites any
other classpath settings that may be part of the system.  How does the
compiler know to search for things like $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar?  Are
these automatically added based on the folder they are in within the
$JAVA_HOME?  I don't see anything that indicates that within the startup
scripts (catalina.sh and setclasspath.sh).

Any info would be appreciated.

Brandon