tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject Using Jikes with IBM JDK
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:05:00 GMT
I am have been using the Jikes compiler for about a month.  Recently, we
switched to the IBM JDK and jikes will not compile any pages.  We get an
error like shown below...

StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac]
/usr/local/tomcat4/work/www.hoosierinsuranceadvisors.com/SiteLever/page/dele
teVersion_jsp.java:0:0:0:0: Semantic Error: You need to modify your
classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Package
"java/lang" could not be found in:
    [javac]
/usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/gskikm.jar
    [javac]
/usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/oldcertpath.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/indicim.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib/ext/ldapsec.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/lib/tools.jar
    [javac]                 /usr/local/tomcat4/bin/bootstrap.jar
<snip>

For some reason, it does not look into the /usr/java/IBMJava2-14/jre/lib
where core.jar has the java/lang package.  Do I need to explicitly set the
classpath when using Jikes with IBM JDK?  Why would I not have to do this
when using the Sun JDK?

Brandon