tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <>
Subject RE: Simulating a browser session
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:52:15 GMT

Thanks for the info.  What exactly is this cURL program?  Is it something I
can run from a linux command line or a program I can download?  Anyway, I
really appreciate the info!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Pyeron []
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Simulating a browser session

9 times out of 10 it is my cookie, or ssl, or other non-complient logic in
my code, but otherwise, this may be you, ...

1 times out of 10 when I have trouble interacting with a
webapplication, it is caused by the useragent setting i pass.

My steps to diagnose my problems are:

1: Try to work with the web app in internet explorer 5.5
2: trace interactions with site using cURL acting as IE5.5
3: trace interactions with site using cURL acting as the suspect agent

my favorite usage is:
 curl -viLsA 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR
1.0.3705)' url

-F for form values
-b & -c for cookies
-k for ssl issues
-u for user auth
-o for output file ( i like the screen better )