tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Vanspall" <st...@crmsoftware.com.au>
Subject Problem with tomcat logging
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:38:36 GMT
Hi there,

I have a problem with Tomcat 4.1.18

basically I am getting the following message

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log

At first I thought that there was a problem with my app, so having searched
other mailing lists, I switched from Log4J to JDK 1.4 Logging.

It turns out that the Tomcat loggin process causes this error.

I have switched it off for now, but would prefer to have the logging go out
to a file. Is there a way to fix this problem, or perhaps have Tomcat log
using a different class?

Any help would be great

Regards

Steve Vanspall