tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "srinath narasimhan" <srin...@nuviewinc.com>
Subject RE: what source code control system?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:29:33 GMT

Use CVS -- www.cvshome.org. It has a web interface as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyer [mailto:david@bvu.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 12:30
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: OT: what source code control system?

We have a staff of 8-10 student employees and a couple full time staffers
that write desktop and web applications or their supporting components.
We're mostly using Visual Basic and MS Access for desktop apps and ASP (on
IIS 5.0) for web apps, but I'm nudging everyone toward Tomcat/Java.

I'd like to implement a source code control system that includes a
browser-based interface (preferably JSP/Servlet). Cost is an issue, so I'm
looking at the open source or other free options. The server components
would be running on a Windows 2000 Server platform, but I'm interested in
having the flexibility to integrate with any web and database server so as
not to be chained to a given platform (hence the preference for using JSP).

Any recommendations? Thanks!